Friday, April 29, 2011

Princess... the New Salutation for All Kates!

...ok well at least I think it should be ;)! How cool would that be if Nathan called me Princess Kate all the time? I know I would love it!!

What sparked this thought?

Today was the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.



















I have to be honest and tell you, before today I did not get caught up in the hoopla! I mean...cool, they are royalty and they are getting married and it will be extravagant but it's not like Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were getting married. Talk about something to see.

None the less, I couldn't help but DVR it. I know, I didn't get up at 4am but as I just told you, I would watch but not go to extreme measures to see it first hand. So I got up early and turned on the TV and hit play...

I have to say, I was instantly hooked! I loved the tradition of people riding in cars to the ceremony and the fact that everything was planned out to the minute and it went off without a hitch. That is the planner coming out in me :)! But since everyone in the world watched or DVR'd the ceremony, I'll spare you all the details and go with my favorite moments!

Kate's Dress
Can I just say that I instantly fell in love with Kate! Knowing very little about her, I knew she had a passion for fashion and this dress showed it. The dress was designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. Right there...those two words... Alexander McQueen let you know this dress was going to be something amazing! I love the traditional/modern feel to the dress! The structure and lace on the top were ... well I have no words! The design on the bottom of the dress just added that much more. I think she did a great job fusing the old with the new, showing the Queen she would keep traditions but make new ones as well. FLAWLESS!!







































When Harry told William something to the affect of "Wait until you see her, she looks beautiful" as Kate walked down the aisle!













The Hats!! Pretty sure these should be required at EVERY wedding! I mean I even wore one to my Senior Prom. SHUT IT, I know... what a horrible fashion faux pas...haha.

































Pippa, Kate's sister's, dress! At first I thought, wait...only the bride should be in white. But then when I saw her and Kate together, it just looked classic.






















And finally, the not one but two kisses!! The first one was cute and quick but the second was just adorable...you saw their love! And I fell in love with them!
















I am now definitely Team William and Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones