Monday, January 17, 2011

Gloden Globe Fashion Winners & People Who Need to Fire Their Stylists

Year after year I continue to watch the award shows, always for the fashion and with wishful thoughts of the show actually being entertaining! Surprisingly the Golden Globes this year kept my attention. Ricky Gervais is quite hilarious though sometimes I questioned if he took it too far. I guess lucky for him most actors are liberals and are against carrying guns :)! But as for the show, I think E! did an awesome job of the recap, so I'll let them handle that.
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b220849_best_worst_of_golden_globes_ricky.html

As for the fashion though, I've got some opinions :)! Fashion brilliance and blunders below.

Divorce has been good to some and ugly to others:
Sandra Bullock looks amazing in Jenny Packham. Not only is the dress fabulous and fits her perfectly, her hair is banging (pun intended)! Ironically enough, her counterpart in this category did not fair so well. Not only did Scarlett make a mistake with dumping her oh so drop dead goregous husband but also in the choice of her dress and color! That Elie Saab gown was just all wrong!
















Look Who Stuffed In All the Right Places:
Rarely am I a fan of Angelina Jolie's wardrobe but she rocked it this time. Not only did she choose the color of the night but in that Swarovski-encrusted Atelier Versace gown she looked flawless. I loved the structure of the dress and the softness. Also rocking the shoulder pad was Anne Hathaway. In a backless Armani Prive gown she proved she has come a long way since "The Princess Diaries"! I loved the champagne color with the sparkle, very chic!

















Stunning at Every Age:
These ladies are truly timeless. It appears as though they get better with age! Catherine Zeta-Jones is a classic beauty in her Monique Lhuillier ball gown. The hot color of the night was to die for on her! Also looking on point was Michelle Pfeiffer. Call it botox or good genes, the woman makes getting older something to look forward too!
















No Risky Business Here:
I feel like I have been there seen that! Though all three ladies look impecable, I just feel like each needed to take more of a risk! Eva Longoria looked amazing in her Zac Posen gown. It had a beautiful cutout in the back. Black just seemed like the safe choice for her. Carrie Underwood sparkled in her Badgley Mischka dress but I feel as though it's always sparkles with her. I would love to see her in a more asymmetric dress with a bold color. And Megan Fox, we all know well is a fox in anything she wears or doesn't wear but here in her Armani Prive gown, she faded into the background for me.
















Calvin Klein=Golden Globes....Not So Sure:
Though both these women look beautiful in their sleek Calvin Klein dresses, I think it worked more for Claire Danes. Sometimes I feel as though her style can be a little off beat so I was pleasantly surprised with this simply choice. Emma Stone who was also nominated opted for a simple peach form fitting dress. Though the back was to die for, I guess I wanted more glitz from this young star or the dress in a different color.

















Mixed Feelings...At Least They Went For It:
Considering Christian Aguilera was in Burlesque, I think her dress fit the part. Do I think the Zuhair Murad gown was Golden Globe worthy, not so sure. As for January Jones, I think she hit the mark with a red gown, but her Versace dress possible lost some tasteful points with so many holes in the dress.



















Pop to Movie Stars...Who Can Handle the Fame:
Sometimes I wonder if because singers/dancers wear so little while they perform, they just can't figure out how to dress the rest of their body. In Mandy Moore's case, she's got it covered! In a Monique Lhuillier gown, she looked stunning! I loved every part of that dress! J.LO was a vision in white with her Zuhair Murad gown. Though I am not sure why she had an awkward shaw on. Julianne Hough unfortuantely missed the mark with her Marchesa gown. Not sure why she is trying to look her bf's (Ryan Seacrest) age!
















No Mirrors were Involved in Getting Ready:
Just utterly confused! Heidi Klum should not be allowed to critique fashion after her Marc Jacobs mistake! I also think that Leighton Meester is a big enough star now to hire a NEEDED stylist because this Burberry Prorsum dress is just one of many bad fashion choices she has made. Julianne Moore is so pretty but this Lanvin dress is so not! And Halle Berry looked like she went shopping at Deb's with that Nina Ricci dress.




























Rooting For the Ones You Love:
We all have stars we love and root for! The four below I am complete a fan of and always cross my fingers for. Fashion wise I think they were all almosts! Jennifer Love Hewitt in her Romona Keveza gown had the right color but wrong shape for her body type. Preggers Natalie Portman had the right style with her Viktor & Rolf dress but WTF with the flower?! Nicole Kidman's Prada dress was amazing and the color was perfect for her. The only downfall was the bowtie in the middle of the gown that dresses it down. And Michelle Williams had the right thought to play up her corky style with a Valentino dress but unfortunately she lost me at the daisies.






























Dark Horses:
Though these two are "stars", they really aren't who you normally think of when you hear the word. But they rocked the carpet anyway! I love Julie Bowen's Tadashi Shoji gown. The color is AMAZING and the details are perfect. Olivia Wilde also killed it! I may be a sucker for sparkle but this Marchesa dress was a show stopper!

















Should You Be Judging:
In Giuliana Rancic's case, yes she should! That girl looked beyond gorgeous. She knows what works and works it! Kelly Osbourne in Zac Posen on the other hand, she should put herself on the "worst dressed" for Fashion Police on E!
















As a wrap up, I loved the fashion this year! The good the bad and the ugly :). Below are the final winners :)

Best Dressed:
















Worst Dressed:






No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones